Website Mekong Big Data
Making Your Data Pay
Mekong Big Data Summary
Mekong Big Data and our sister companies, DataU Academy and DOM.agency are changing Cambodia’s technology sector. We bring big data and analytics best practices to Cambodia and disrupt the marketing agency sector by bringing a scientific, data-driven approach. Our DataU Academy trains the next generation of Cambodian data talent and helps to drive Cambodia towards a high skills future.
We are a dynamic, international team that seeks excellence in our project management and the impact we have on our clients’ businesses. We are committed to training and learning in our DNA as a business so you will learn a lot and apply it to client projects on a continual basis.
Our company has big growth plans with international expansion within 2021. We are seeking passionate, growth mindset people to join our fun and exciting team and to help change Cambodia for the future.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to manage our group accounting and compliance needs. You will work closely with the management team to control finance and assist with commercial planning. You will be the key contact for the General Department of Taxation matters and prepare monthly filings as well as preparing and executing payroll. You will prepare and report on management accounts to the Board of Directors and will assist with fundraising and investor relations activities.
The ideal candidate will be independent, creative and self-motivated to deliver excellence in their work. You will join a team that is passionate about teamwork and supporting one another under the spirit of Ubuntu philosophy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports.
- Update and maintain accounting records, billing documents, and maintain information on computerized accounting system (Quickbook) coordinates invoicing and collects payments.
- Verifies duties to obtain primary financial data.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements, be principle contact with GDT
- Prepare management accounts
- Assist in commercial planning
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end closing process.
- Fluency of English, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent accounting software (Quickbook) user and administration skills
- Good knowledge of the Cambodian taxation system
- Strongly self-confident and flexibility
- Willing to be our long term staff/ team
- Hard-working and honest
- Must have exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized.
- Competitive salary
- 28 days leave (inclusive of Cambodian national holidays)
- Professional development fund
- Staff sports/books fund
- Team social calendar
- Flat, respectful, and supportive management structure (Ubuntu philosophy)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org