Website Mekong Big Data
Making Your Data Pay
Our multi-award winning organisations Mekong Big Data, DataU Academy and DOM.agency are rapidly evolving the Kingdom’s technology and data sectors; ushering in a new era of growth, productivity and prosperity.
With a firm dedication to best practices, staff & team development and a company culture centred around the collective power of collaboration and innovation, we are seeking the brightest, sharpest and most eager minds to join our tribe. Together we have the opportunity to reshape not only the future of technical innovation and talent, but the very prospects of our nation.
Across all of our organisations we work with the most exciting, forward thinking companies to deliver projects of both impact and meaning. Our clients include the top Banks, Telcos, FinTechs, FMCG brands, ISPs, NGOs, Developmental & Government agencies and Startups, to name a few. We work on everything from Data Analytics and Analysis, to Machine Learning & AI, Enterprise-scale Infrastructure and Systems Development, Bespoke Technology Development, Apps and APIs, through to Omni-Channel Data-driven Marketing, Market Intelligence and Data Gathering. As well as working for clients, we also work with and develop future talent through Cambodia’s #1 Academy for Data and Technical Skills development, DataU – helping build tomorrow’s data leaders, today.
We’re a people and mission led organisation, our culture and ethics are rooted in the African philosophy of Ubuntu – which states “I am, because we are”. Success, we believe, stems from a team that supports, nurtures and brings out the best in those around them. You’ll be happy to find an organisation as dynamic, challenging and fun as ours.
What lies ahead
We’re in the midst of an epic growth cycle, our team has significantly grown over the last 2 years alone, with massive growth planned for the foreseeable future. As we embark on regional and international expansion through 2022 we’re seeking the brightest, most passionate and growth-orientated minds to join our mission and change the future of Cambodia.
Who should apply
Our group of companies are known throughout the Kingdom as being the best at what they do, this starts with having only the best people in our team. We actively invest in each and every one of our teammates, up-skilling, cross-skilling and building both hard and soft skills – creating a path from who they are, to who they could be. If you are, or aspire to be the best, read on.
We are looking for talented Data Engineer who will help us architect, design, and develop database solutions to capture, store and retrieve vast amounts of data, ensure functionality, and help us deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be leading, consulting, and implementing database solutions, configure information systems, and analyze structural requirements for new software and applications, which also involve building, optimizing, and maintaining logical and physical database models.
The ideal candidate
You have the opportunity to apply your skills and impact client’s businesses. This is both a “hands-on” and client-facing position requiring solid technical skills to ensure database operational readiness (security, health, and performance), as well as excellent soft skills like interpersonal and communication.
- Gather business requirement and user stories
- Provide advisory and consultation on data engineering while liaison among stakeholders to drive implementation success
- Design and implement databases infrastructure solutions to meet usability and performance needs
- Design and evaluate data model
- Apply ETL/ETL (extract, transform, load) best practices for data pipeline with SQL and other tools
- Monitor data quality to ensure consistency, integrity, and availability of data
- Be able to conduct unit testing at the data level
- Control data row-level security access
- Write and maintain documentation for data governance
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or higher in relevant subjects such as software engineering, data engineering, computer science, statistics, economics, physics, mathematics, or related fields
- Experience with programming languages: SQL, Python
- Experience with big data like Hadoop, Spark, and Hive will be highly desirable
- Familiarity with ETL and data warehousing tools such as Talend, Airflow, SSIS
- Familiar with common database systems
- Relational Databases (RDMS): Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server
- Cloud computing and database: Redshift, Azure SQL Database…
- NoSQL Databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Big Data: Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, and Pig
- Graph Database: Neo4j
Soft and interpersonal skills
- Great communication skills, able to present results to a non-technical audience
- Attention to detail. Be a detective to identify and fix database problems and data quality
- Creativity in solving problems; think inside and outside the box to connect dots
- Positive and can-do attitude yet humble; get excited about learnings and challenging work
- Ability to abstract general principles from specifics
- Strong desire to establish standards of best practice, automation workflow, and framework
For the best fit you will be excited to:
- Work hard and be honest
- Join our growing team for the long-run
- Enthusiastically learn new ideas and concepts in the technology sector
- Master collaborative tools
- Constantly develop yourself
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values
Benefits & package
Our team of international experts, visionaries and change makers is dedicated to the growth of our organisation and each and every member within it, our benefits package and company culture reflect this:
- Competitive salary
- 28 days leave (inclusive of Cambodian national holidays)
- Flat, respectful and supportive management structure (Ubuntu philosophy)
- Professional development fund
- Staff sports/books fund
- Quarterly company events off-site
- Custom designed office building in the heart of Phnom Penh.
- All-you-drink coffee, tea and fridged soft drinks.
- In-office library and reading spaces
- Weekly company socials event
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org